Policy of the Provision of Non-Audit Services by External Auditor
1. The following non-audit services may be provided by the Group's external auditor:
- Advice and assurance on the interpretation and implementation of accounting standards, financial reporting matters, tax and governance regulations;
- Advice and assurance in respect of direct and indirect tax matters including tax compliance, routine tax advice, tax consultancy services and employee tax services, including share plans;
- Advice and assurance in respect of the Group’s obligations in regard to its pension schemes;
- Due diligence investigations related to potential acquisitions, disposals or joint ventures;
- Internal accounting and risk management control reviews, including information systems, and reviews of policy and procedure compliance;
- Attestation reports, control compliance or reasonableness reports as required by third parties; and
- Project assurance and advice on business process improvement
2. Any new engagement with the Group's external auditor in excess of £10,000 of the annual audit fee for an individual service or specific project in the above categories of service (or any project that is not covered by the above list) must be approved in advance by the Audit Committee. Such proposals should be submitted in writing to the Group Chief Financial Officer for discussion with the Audit Committee.
Up to the limit of £10,000 for an individual service or specific project in the above categories, the engagement must be approved in advance by the Chief Financial Officer.
3. The following non-audit services may not be provided by the Group's external auditor:
- Bookkeeping and other services relating to accounting records and corporate financial statements;
- The design, implementation and operation of financial information systems;
- Actuarial and internal control functions;
- Executive management of company operations and activities, including acting temporarily or permanently as a director, officer or employee of the Group; and
- Legal, broker, investment adviser or investment banking services
4. Details of non-audit services provided by the Group's external auditor will be provided to the Audit Committee on a bi-annual basis.